Laughter really IS the best medicine!
Can you remember the last time you had a really good laugh – a true ‘belly laugh’? Remember how good you felt? Do you have enough laughter in your life? Then why not join a ‘Connect with Laughter’ session? Click the button for details:
Our Laughter sessions encourage you to ‘laugh for no reason’ – they are engaging, great fun and very, very good for us too! But WHY is laughing so good for us?
Science shows us that laughing out loud:
- Reduces stress
- Relieves pain
- Reduces anger
- Enhances communication
- Improves morale
- Inspires creativity
- Boosts immune system
- Decreases anxiety
- Improves circulation and respiration
- Is an aerobic exercise – like “internal jogging” for your organs!
Here are some laughter facts!
- Smiling releases endorphins, which give us the ‘feelgood factor’
- Even ‘faking’ a smile can make us feel better
- A smiling person is judged to be more attractive than a non-smiling person
- A smile is a universal expression of happiness and is recognised by all cultures
- Babies are born with the ability to smile
- There are 18 different kinds of smile used socially
Why come to one of our events to ‘laugh for no reason’?
Dr Kataria is an Indian physician who realised that, after he’d treated his patients, they got better physically but were still not happy. “If ONLY I could write them a prescription for laughter …” he thought. So – he had the idea of teaching people to ‘laugh for no reason’ so they could gain the positive health benefits of laughter. He started the very first Laughter Club in Mumbia in 1995 with just 5 people – and now there are more than 20,000 Laughter Clubs in over 112 countries! And we are proud to say that Be Naturally is part of the UK Laughter Network!
We have both trained with Laughter Yoga UK to become ‘laughter skills facilitators’ and follow in Dr Kataria’s footsteps – so that we can help people to ‘laugh for no reason’, enjoy a wealth of health benefits … and have some fun too!
Laughter connects us with others – and it’s contagious, so if you bring more laughter into your life you’ll also be helping others around you to laugh more so that they gain the benefits too.
So why not join us and bring more laughter – and lots of positive health benefits – into your life! Click here to find out more about our monthly ‘Connect with Laughter’ sessions – and you can book online too.
If you are part of a company, why not let us bring some fun – and significant well-being benefits – to your workplace! We have successfully run laughter sessions in different organisations, which have been very positively received by all participants … in fact the sessions have been so popular, we’ve been invited back to run more! To give YOUR well-being initiative a fun boost, just contact us and we can arrange an event especially for you.
Here are some comments from people that have laughed with us!
- “Thank you – There’s a lot of folk I know who could benefit from such a session, which helps you lose your inhibitions and relax!”
- “A thoroughly enjoyable way to health!!!”
- “Wonderful! Was feeling a bit uptight. All gone now and ready to face all that lies ahead.”
- “Good laugh!”